Print

st-peter-paul-church.jpg
st-peter-paul-church.jpg
In 1132 Henry 1 granted the church of Shorne, with the tithes of corn and lambs, and with the chapel of Cobham appendant, to the Monastery of St Saviour of Bermondsey. Such are the earliest written records of the church. Although pre-conquest in origin the north aisle is 12/13th century, the Chancel 13th century and the south aisle is 14/15th century. The tower was built in the 15th century. The font is an octagonal 15th century piece of carved stonework.

 

Refs:

A History of Shorne Church by A F Allen published by Shorne History Group