An early Victorian public house whose name was taken from the use of the garden area for archery practise.  Records show a landlord at the premises from 1858 until demolition in the 1980s when the whole area was redeveloped as part of the Imperial Business Estate.

The pub was particularly popular and well known locally during the period of heavy industrialisation in that part of Gravesend and Northfleet.