Print
Built by the Rev. Joseph Hindle in the mid 19th century. He was vicar for 45 years from 1829 to 1874. He was living at Gads Hill Place at the time Dickens purchased it in 1856, Dickens allowed him to live in it until March 1857.
The Rosher family owned the Knowle until Mrs Rosher passed away in 1919. The Knowle is now a popular local restaurant and function facility.